Become a volunteer !
As a part of our communication strategy, we always welcome volunteers for regular or one-off tasks. If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact us at ITfC@ITforChange.net. Here are examples of projects you could be part of as a volunteer:
Organisation of the library
- list the books/publications (and number if applicable)
- design a classification system (possibly spreadsheet)
- coordination, help and participation in schools ICT programmes (mostly on Saturdays), in workshops, etc.
- deliver designs and concepts for posters, flyers, brochures and banner
- Kannada/English translation of training modules (4-5 weekly training modules)
Website development and web updates
- for developing IT for Change's website, help in initial content upload on social networking sites
Intern with us
IT for Change Internship Programme is open for students enrolled in a graduate programme in the areas of Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education, Gender, ICTs and Communications. Eligible candidates interested in joining us as interns can send their CV, followed by a proposal to the Communications Team. The proposal must include the following information:
- Period of internship (from 1 to 6 months);
- Work time;
- How this internship will match your needs as a student;
- What do you bring to the organisation in terms of skills, interests, etc;
- Suggestions of possible activities to be done at IT for Change.
The objectives of the Internship Programme are:
- To expose students to a research-based professional environment focused on use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to promote progressive socio-economic change in the global South, with emphasis on equity and social justice.
- To develop communications solutions suitable for development projects.
- To provide ITfC team the assistance of qualified students.
- To contribute to strengthen the ICT for Development network by encouraging and supporting students to engage in this field.
We expect your proposal to be connected to one or more programmatic areas covered by IT for Change . You can also be associated with the Communication Team, which crosscuttingly works in all these areas. Your proposal will be analysed by our team, who will give you a feedback individually.
Please send your proposal and CV to IT for Change.