Anita Gurumurthy will be part of a panel speaking on the topic- “Co-Ops for the Indian Digital Economy?” as part of TheNewCommonSense - 2021 Conference of the Platform Cooperativism Consortium
Key questions to be discussed in this conversation include:
1. What role can cooperatives play in the digital economy?
2. Is there an“Indian” context distinct from the growth of platform cooperatives elsewhere?
3. What can we learn from the growth of platform cooperatives outside of India?
4. What is gained, and at what expense, in the platformization process and, who will benefit from these changes?
5. What opportunities and constraints do the broad cooperative sectors present for platform cooperative development?
6. How can platform cooperators bridge the immense digital divide?
About the conference: At #TheNewCommonSense, we will take stock of recent developments in the platform co-op ecosystem, discuss conducive policy, and outline the necessary steps to move towards a cooperative digital economy – in Europe and beyond.
Get more details about the conference here.
You can also join the Platform Cooperativism - Discussion & Linkshare group here.