IT for Change's Parminder Jeet Singh will be speaking about community rights over data at the virtual stakeholder consultation on non-personal data governance, organized by The Dialogue on Friday, July 31 from 4:00 pm to 7:30 pm IST.
The objectives of the consultation, held in the wake of the Committee of Experts’ report on India’s Non-Personal Data (NPD) Governance Framework this July, are:
1. Drive discourse on NPD through discussion of the principles referred to in the report
2. Discuss the challenges in establishing a smooth functioning regulatory structure
3. Conceptualize means of incorporating elements that instill trust in citizens, in both industry and government
4. Discuss means of allowing economic activity using data without disrupting status quo drastically
5. Chalk out implementational roadblocks that could provide nuanced policy prescriptions.
Mr. Gaurav Gogoi, Hon'ble MP and member of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on the PDP Bill, will deliver the keynote address at the consultation.
The open house discussion, conducted over Zoom, will be moderated by Kazim Rizvi, founder of The Dialogue.
You can register for the consultation here. Click here for the concept note of the session.