MediaNama with support from Facebook, Google, PhonePe, STAR & ISOC
The Justice Srikrishna Committee has released a draft data protection law for India, and we will be discussing the issues related to the draft bill, looking at the following issues amongst others,
- Issues related to data sovereignty, localisation, mirroring and cross border data flows.
- Impact on consent, data collection, storage and transfer.
- Role of the data protection authority, auditing and enforcement mechanisms
- Right to be forgotten and data erasure
- Governance of government data collection and use, and the regulation of surveillance
- Impact on notice and consent
- Understanding penalties
The topics discussed also included:
1. Data processing and obligation and impact on business and users
2. Data localisation, sovereignty, cross-border data flows
3. Governance of government data