Parminder Jeet Singh spoke about "Delhi Declaration for a Just and Equitable Internet" at a session on Decolonizing Digital Rights, hosted by the University of Padova as part of the Online Winter School: Times and Spaces of Globalization.
The session reflected on the social, political, and economic impact of the internet and related technologies on contemporary societies, starting from reflections on documents and charters – affirming fundamental principles and rights for the digital age – that have been adopted over the past years.
The other speakers at the session included:
- Minda Moreira (Co-chair at Internet Rights and Principles Coalition – Internet Governance Forum) – Charter of Internet Rights and Principles
- Kinfe Micheal Yilma (Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia) – African Declaration on Internet Rights and Freedoms
- Valentina Pellizzer (Association for Progressive Communication) – Feminist Principles for the Internet
- Christian Perrone (Institute of Technology and Society, Brazil) – Brazilian Marco Civil
- Luca de Biase (Journalist, Italy) – The Italian Charter for Internet Rights (TBC)
The session was chaired by Dennis Redeker (University of Bremen) and Claudia Padovani (University of Padova).