IT for Change is excited to be accepting applications for education, communications, design, and research interns on a rolling basis.
Interning with us will offer a unique immersion into the issues around technology and data policies from the standpoint of equity and social justice; the opportunity to be part of an interdisciplinary research team engaged in empirical work with a quick turnaround; and a chance to develop and lead communications, pedagogic, and advocacy strategies to shape change.
We look forward to working with you!
All internships will be on a remote working basis.
Can be negotiated based on the requirement for the internship and convenience of the intern and the prospective supervisor. We are open to both part-time and full-time interns.
Who can apply
Students and professionals from diverse disciplines and backgrounds with an interest in our work can apply.
A commitment to teamwork, collaboration, and the ability to take initiative, balance multiple priorities, and manage workflows proactively are the qualities we look for in all our applicants.
Applicants must ensure access to a computer/laptop and stable internet connection for the duration of their internship.
Roles and Responsibilities
An internship at IT for Change will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of tasks depending on the nature of your internship and your supervisor’s requirements.
Depending on the internship you apply for, and your skill set, you can expect to assist tasks related to:
- design and communications,
- organizational housekeeping,
- upkeep of our digital magazine, Bot Populi,
- research work relevant to your area of academic interest,
- creating e-content using free and open-source editors,
- participating in and supporting digital literacy workshops for teachers and students,
- translating content from English to Kannada,
- supporting script writing and editing for our community radio project (only candidates with an undergraduate degree in journalism/mass communication/copy writing/advertising, who are proficient in Kannada and comfortable with English will be considered for this task).
Short-term internships at IT for Change (less than two months) are unpaid.
Remuneration for internships lasting over two months will be commensurate with the work assigned and the hours spent per week.
For queries, reach out to us at internships[at]itforchange[dot]net