Event start date
Event end date
Public Services International, Focus on the Global South, Third World Network, and IT for Change
IT for Change co-organized a webinar on 'Why Does Data Governance Matter for Workers' Rights?' with Public Services International, Focus on the Global South, and Third World Network. This is the third and last of a three-part webinar series on digital trade rules and workers' rights.
The webinar explored why data governance matters for workers' rights, taking on the following questions:
- Why should public sector workers care about public data infrastructure?
- How can data governance promote public interest and workers' rights?
- How do digital trade agreements impact policy space for data governance and workers' rights?
The speakers included:
- V Narasimhan, from All India National Life Insurance Employees Federation, who will speak on public data infrastructure development and workers' rights: The LIC experience
- Nandini Chami, from IT for Change, who will speak about how we can conceptualize data governance for workers' data rights: Some reflections for the Indian context
- Jai Vipra, from Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, who will speak about digital trade agreements and the policy space for data governance: Why should workers' organizations care?
The session will be moderated by Susana Barria from Public Services International.