Anita Gurumurthy will speak at the thematic session on the role of media in building a feminist agenda during the Generation Equality Forum 2021.
The session aims to explore the gaps in regulatory mechanisms - particularly with respect to the cross-border jurisdiction of social media and its role in shaping national public spheres; and reinforcing global to local mechanisms for promoting gender equality within the media and digital sectors and tackling gender stereotypes in the media.
The speakers at this session include:
- Sra. Pascalle Grotenhuis, Special Ambassador for Women's Rights and Gender Equality, Government Government of the Netherlands (AC leader)
- Shelby Demerer, Policy Officer Taskforce Women’s Rights and Gender Equality, Ministry of Government
- Foreign Affairs Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Mr. Kanbar Hossein-Bor, Media Freedom Campaign Co-ordinator (UK) Foreign, Commonwealth Government and Development Office
- Sonia Santoro, Centro de Atención en Niñez, Adolescencia, Género y Diversidad de la Civil Society Defensoría del Pueblo / Diario Página 12. Argentina
- Zaineb Dahmoul, World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS)
- Edmund Yakani, Community Empowerment for Progress Organization (CEPO), South Civil Society Sudan
- Cindy Southworth, Women's Safety Policy Manager Facebook
- Nina Goswami, Creative Diversity Lead and Journalist, BBC
The session will be moderated by Marion Reimers, journalist and activist.