IT for Change, in collaboration with Mahiti and the Public Affairs Centre, organised a workshop on 'Advocacy in the Internet age – Exploring ways forward for the civil society' held on 27-30 January 2001 in Bengaluru (India).
The aim of the workshop was to organise an interactive forum of South Asian civil society organisations in order to
- Sensitise the participants to the emerging potential for using the Net as a medium for advocacy
- Facilitate a forum to discuss and share common concerns on the emergent challenges
- Show case a selected spectrum of internet advocacy strategies
- Give the participants a hands-on experience in designing simple internet based campaigns
- Explore options for future networking and resource sharing on a regional basis.