Parminder Jeet Singh will be participating in a civil society pre-event on Frontier Technologies, The Digital Economy and Development, organized by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). This event is part of a series of online dialogues with civil society to be held in preparation for the UNCTAD15 Ministerial Conference that will take place in the week of October 3, 2021.
The dialogue aims to raise awareness of civil society representatives on the issues of technology transfer, e-commerce and the digital economy. The outcome of the session will be presented to member states as part of the intergovernmental preparatory process for UNCTAD15.
- Opening remarks by Ms. Shamika Sirimanne, Director, Division on Technology and Logistics, UNCTAD.
- Keynote address on the agenda for technology transfer that includes civil society’s concerns and aspirations by Ms. Neth Daño, Coordinator and Asia Director ETC Group, the Philippines.
- Keynote address on mechanisms to accelerate the adoption of e-commerce and the digital economy leaving no one behind by Mr. Parminder Jeet Singh, Executive Director, IT for Change.
- This will be followed by an interactive dialogue with civil society representatives.
- The event will be moderated by Ms. Chee Yoke Ling, Third World Network.
The event is open to the public.