Audio resources are a critical component for developing listening skills in learners, which conventional print based resources (text books) are unable to provide. IT for Change, in collaboration with RIESI, designed and conducted one-day workshops for the participants of different batches of the Certificate in English Language Teaching (CELT) program. The aim of these workshops was to help teachers
- explore new digital tools and applications for language learning
- explore Audacity FOSS application to create effective language resources; record and edit audio, make audio resources by combining multiple audio files
- explore how audio can be used in a language lesson.
- become oriented to the philosophy of creation of resources along with accessing and using existing audio resources.
- publishing developed resources to an OER repository
Information about these workshops is available here.
Audio OER published by participants is available here
“It was a great experience. Learnt new activities. I am happy to be part of workshop. It's a new arsenal to explore and make my classroom interesting and interactive.” – Syed Irshad Ali